The US state of South Dakota is located in the mid-western region right under North Dakota. It is characterized by fertile lands and is bisected by a large body of water called the Missouri River. It is also home to one of the most famous US landmarks, Mount Rushmore.
Living in the state of South Dakota is not without its perks. It is considered as one of the best places to live in. It’s also very easy to become a South Dakota resident. All you need to do is head on out to the DMV and process your change of address by changing your driver’s license. This will be valid for five years. The full requirements can be found at the DMV website.
Changing licenses may be a hassle for some but it is a great way to take advantage of what South Dakota has to offer. Here are some great reasons why you need to make SD your address soon:
1. No state income tax – anything that lessens your expenses is a great thing. In South Dakota, they have no state income tax. That could translate to a lot of savings for you and your family in the long run.
2. When you inherit something, you also won’t be taxed – whether it is a house, a car, or any other valuable items, the state will not tax your inheritance.
3. No personal property tax – this is yet another tax benefit. The no personal property tax can give you bigger savings especially when combined with other offers.
4. Low cost vehicle registrations – some states charge exorbitant fees just to register your vehicle. Add that to the price of insurance, car maintenance, and other fees, and you jack up the cost of having a vehicle. These expenses are what get people turned off when registering their cars. In SD, owners of both cars and RVs do not have to worry about these exorbitant fees and charges.
5. No vehicle inspections – vehicle inspections are mandated in some states, but not in SD. As long as your vehicle does not cause obstructions on the road, you should be good to go.
Although it’s also good to enjoy the peaceful small town vibe of SD, you do not necessarily have to live in this quaint and homey state in order to experience the advantages of a South Dakota residency. At www.yourbestaddress.com, you can have an SD address with their mail forwarding services. The website offers free residency consultancy services and also has downloadable forms available at their official website. More information about their comprehensive array of address and mail handling services are likewise available on their website.